Friday 27 February 2015

Just a quickie!!

Erm, a Nut and Bolt puzzle ...
This is going to be a really quick post on another puzzle from the mad Dutchman, Wil Strijbos.

Once again this was included in the £35 bundle I thrust in front of him at MPP17 (Midlands Puzzle Party #17!), so I don't know how much it costs on its own. I wouldn't expect much given what it is .... well, see for yourself!


I also don't know what it's called, but it is another Nut and Bolt puzzle similar to those of Rocky Chiaro, of which I have three (and will get the other three at some point!). The aim is simply to get the ring off the bolt, but obviously the nut is blocking it and won't turn!!

Well duh!!
The mechanism, however, is different to any of Rocky's bolts, but still rather clever. It's not a difficult mechanism, so even a puzzle muggle could have this open in less than 10 minutes, but they and puzzlists probably won't know why it works until it's actually apart (unless of course the puzzlists have already come across this mechanism before!).

It really is clever and works in the simplest of ways, but is very effective and could stump a few people.

I had come across it before, so it was open even before I bought it off Wil, I just hadn't got one in my collection so it was a must buy for me.

And I'm glad I did, because it's a nice little puzzle to carry around in a pocket and torment puzzle muggles!! Also it helps explain my weird obsession!

That's all for now!!!

[My that was a quick post. Oh yeah, send me a message if you still haven't got Wil's email and would like it!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.